|Orthodontics: Financial Resources|
Making Recommended Treatments Affordable
Find more help regarding public and private supported financial assistance for qualifying families and individuals .
It is generally accepted that as dental patients, we all "know" that we are supposed to do all the things our orthodontists dentists want us to do.
And of course, we try to do the best we can with maintaining our dental health habits. Chances are though, we tend to let certain things slide from time to time.
Orthodontic care typically begins during our developmental years. Any number of developmental or genetic influences can influence growth patterns and eruptions of individual teeth and overall jaw development.
Although it is quite common for all of us to put off or forestall certain recommended treatments, orthodontic intervention, if not implemented within certain time frames.... can cause untold effects for ensuing growth, alignment and occlusal properties of what we hope will be normal dental function (occlusal relationships).
Anyone who is, or was, a member of a large family with multiple children needing ortho treatments can readily understand (or remember) the economic hardships that may operate to cause treatment delays.
To prevent prolonged delay, public and private resources exist in most communities that are designed to help individuals and families to get the treatments they need on a timely basis.
Severe underbites, overbites, crossbites, flared teeth (buck teeth), orthognathic abnormalities can develop and/or worsen as treatment becomes more prolonged. TMJ, TMD and other issues can also arise.
Lastly, as with anything in dental health care.... conditions don't improve with time (although we may learn to adjust or manage the problem). And, as in general dentistry also, treatments tend to become more complex and costly the longer we delay treatment.
Well known financial institutions now offer financing plans (some even interest free) that enable us to get the dental care when it is needed ... and MOST affordable. Federal, State and Local government and private agencies also provide assistance for qualifying families.
More information about these resources is available on the internet. Most firms now provide on-line application forms to simplify the loan application process.
- Medicaid Qualified recipients can contact State agencies for more information
- State by state directory of free or reduced fee health care resources
- Investigate Free Opportunities, Nationally and Internationally
- CitiBank offers the Citi Health Card
- Unicorn Financial offers financing plans for assorted orthodontic needs
- CareCredit, a popular provider promoted by many orthodontists
- CapitalOne Credit offers financing plans for assorted orthodontic and dental surgery needs
- EZPay Solutions offers financing plans dedicated to helping people with all credit histories attain financing for dental services (not to be confused with EZ Pay Dental)
- Some practices offer In-House Financing for established patients
Dentist Search |
Cleaning Supplies |
| Recommend an Orthodontist |
Malocclusion Adult - Pediatric - Childrens
Affordable Dental Braces
All rights reserved